The official weblog of ClickBook.net. ClickBook streamlines the process of appointment scheduling for small business, schools and other organisations. For technical updates please visit the Technical Blog.

December Preview

Mark Demicoli  6 November 2011 01:32:00 AM
    Santa's little helpers are at it again this year, with some great new features coming to ClickBook.

Most prominently is the ability to select multiple services as part of a single booking, in a 'shopping cart' style.  This is a long requested feature and will make for a valuable addition for your customers.  Clients will be able to choose 'add-ons' to their standard services, and have the total price calculated as a single booking.

We are also working to streamline the look and user friendliness of ClickBook.  We've hired one of the best firms in the business to this end.  Vizualise are hard at work right now coming up with a brand new look and refurbishing the whole booking process.

Many more features are in the pipeworks, including a Facebook app, so stay tuned!
    Comments

1Henry Boulton  11/11/11 2:34:54 PM  Lesson Package tracking & customer notes sending

Hi, I have 2 requests

1. Will you be adding the ability to track multiple lesson packages. e.g 5 Golf lesson package - 1 of 5, 2 of 5 etc.

2. The ability to send clients notes or exercises (image or video) after there session would be great.

the system has been working great for our business keep up the good work

2Louise Rubic  11/11/11 9:19:29 AM  I 2nd the mobile app...f

I think a mobile app and reliability is far more important than changing the aesthetics of the website. Clients have just become used to the whole process and then it keeps changing! It's working well at the moment, please leave it alone!

3Erica Eickhoff  11/11/11 7:44:37 AM  Multiple clients on one email

I have a request. I often see families, like mother and child that only have one email. I would like to be able to put the child's name down and have the mom receive the email. But right now the system only does one client per email.

Thanks.

4Michelle Howard  10/11/11 3:00:41 PM  An app definately needed!

I agree that an app would be fantastic. I have some clients have problems with the site when accessing on their phone. PLEASE!!!

5Kevin Smith  09/11/11 4:18:06 AM  Mobile app needed

I think a mobile app would be greatly appreciated by people who have smartphones. This could speed up the booking process instead of having to login all the time and book appointments.

6Amber Fraga  08/11/11 12:40:29 PM  Enhancements

Love the direction you are going in. A few areas/quirks that I would love to see addrssed;

1) when setting time, can we just have 12 hours shown with a AM/PM box instead of having to scroll through all the time slot options.

2) When having to change/update an appointment with new information, having that confirmed with the client vs. having to delete and rebook the entire appointment.

3) Clients being able to book repeat appointments with simpllicity.....it is just part of the massage business.

4) Being able to separate/hide my calendar from others who may have booking rights. If you have 2 rooms available, my calendar bookings of no concern to the renter of the other room. I would still want to have full overall administrative rights to view the other persons, but my calendar, and client names are private....

5) Being able to attach documents to a scheduled appointment.

7Amber Fraga  08/11/11 12:40:26 PM  Enhancements

Love the direction you are going in. A few areas/quirks that I would love to see addrssed;

1) when setting time, can we just have 12 hours shown with a AM/PM box instead of having to scroll through all the time slot options.

2) When having to change/update an appointment with new information, having that confirmed with the client vs. having to delete and rebook the entire appointment.

3) Clients being able to book repeat appointments with simpllicity.....it is just part of the massage business.

4) Being able to separate/hide my calendar from others who may have booking rights. If you have 2 rooms available, my calendar bookings of no concern to the renter of the other room. I would still want to have full overall administrative rights to view the other persons, but my calendar, and client names are private....

5) Being able to attach documents to a scheduled appointment.

8Lea Knepley  08/11/11 2:28:06 AM  iphone App/client files/

I love the service so far and the new additions will be a big hit with my clients.

It would be very cool to have a clickbook app both for clients to book and for merchants to use. I also love the idea of integrating client SOAP notes with the appointment history. It would make my life so much easier.

Thanks for the great job so far!

Regards,

Lea Knepley

9Victoria Sansom  08/11/11 2:04:37 AM  Quicker bookings

I would like to see a change when I am booking that would allow me to put in all info ( name ,time ,service ,and noted and then save the appointment verses having to wait between each in put for it to save this takes time . It would be quicker if it save one time after everything was in put .

It would also be good if there was an option to email changes to client when they need to re schedule instead of havering to delet and re book for them to see the change

10Matthew Shane St Germain Donnelly RN LMT  08/11/11 1:34:55 AM  New Improvements...

These sound great. RE: clickbook and tablet use.

I have an original galaxy tab (android)and use clickbook all the time on it. My phone is also capable (also android) of displaying the pages clearly and I frequently book using that device as well. It would be BETTER if the site was set to display for mobile, but as of now it seems to work fine.

Angeita. I think you can create a custom form in the communication section of click book, that goes to your client when they book. That might serve the purpose, or you may need to create a filter for your email that contains the forms in an auto response-type email if they are complicated. When a booking comes in you can manually forward a welcome email with the forms attached too.

11Angelita Houser  07/11/11 1:28:32 PM  Andriod/Iphone App

I would love to have an app that can be use on my phone for easy booking and canceling.

12Tracy Clarke Assoc MAPS  07/11/11 1:22:54 PM  attachments

hi, I would like to add attachments to client files. Our clients need to sign lesson plans, copies of assessements to meet RTA audits, and currently I have to have a dual system with a access database set up to keep all client details as I don't like paper files because I would have too many of them. I then have to put all their bookings in again and attach a scanned copy of their structured lesson etc into access. If you have the functionality of attaching files to client files I would only need one system saving me lots of time.

13Kandy Kiger  07/11/11 11:39:25 AM  Totally in love!

Like every relationship in life, I have found that evolution takes time. I fall in love with your program more and more every day! I will also be moving to a paperless filing system in the near future and am so pleased to hear that you will be keeping pace with my business. I have clients tell me daily about how much they appreciate being able to book an appointment quietly while at work and, knowing that I am the sole proprietor of my business, phone tag will just be a frustrating hassle in comparison to the wonderful massage they are looking for. Thank you so much for all you do to make this small business the coolest, simplest, and most innovative critter it can be! Keep up all your good work! PS-Still love that you really read and respond to your customers. Really don't find customer service that cares in the tech world anymore!

14Mark Demicoli  07/11/11 11:17:26 AM  Responses

@1: As you have found repeat bookings can only be done by staff, however we are reviewing this feature to extend it to clients that are approved to create repeat bookings.

@2: gap times for services will be optional for combined services. This will be an option you set for each service. In other words, you can still make ClickBook respect the gap times and create one client session with the buffer times built in.

@4: As part of the changes to the appearance of ClickBook, we will be also advising which mobile devices and browsers the new interface will support. We consider tablets (eg iPad and Android tablets) a very important platform for ClickBook, and will address this area in the short term.

15Don Malone  07/11/11 9:33:03 AM  Mobile Functionality

I am moving my offices to digital charting for patients using an Android device. I was surprised and disappointed to see that I can not user Clickbook on a tablet. This is a serious limitation for me in the direction I am moving.

Do you have any immediate plans to revise your service so it will function on Android devices. I mean, a Facebook ap might be cool but being able to use Clickbook on a mobile device seems far more important.

Please advise!

Thanks,

Don

16Catherine Shoesmith  07/11/11 8:56:21 AM  Multiple Service bookings

This is a great idea!

- I have been looking at practice management systems (unfortunately none of them sync with clickbook, and I need more features, clinical notes, reporting etc), and this is a feature I was really interested in when looking at those.

17Ganna Dennis  07/11/11 5:48:44 AM  Multiple services bookings.

I always add a half hour gap to my services for paying, rebooking, clean up, etc. If my clients book multiple services will these breaks be taken out?

18Wendy Zahodnik  07/11/11 2:50:50 AM  repeat bookings

I like the idea, but also how can a client repeat the time block for that day for each month to hold their spot?